Who can say no to these Puff pastry Cheesy Mushroom Bites… they are so irresistible. Caramelized onion, mushrooms and cheese never goes wrong together…
With these yummy finger foods you can easily impress your guests, as appetizer or savory snacks for tea time.
The original* recipe has mayonnaise but I add extra cheese instead if you have cream cheese, it will be tasty too.
Puff pastry literally made my life so easy, under 30 – 40 minutes I can bake delightful snacks, desserts, or even dinner. Let’s be honest who have time these days for more than that?… Everybody looking for simple, fast and healthy recipes.
I plan to prepare more simple finger foods/bites for these summer days so be in touch. 🙂
Savory snacks for tea time
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup garlic, minced
- 200 gr. Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 1 puff pastry package
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 365°F.
- Take the package of puff pastry out of the freezer and set aside. *
- Dice onion, mince garlic and chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan over medium high heat add olive oil then online and sauté
- Then add garlic sauté well until becomes light brown (caramelized).
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir occasionally.
- Add black pepper and salt then stir until they cook well (tender)
- The add Parmesan, stir turn off heat
- Roll out your puff pastry.
- Spread with a thin layer of topping (check the video).
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top and roll in firmly.
- Brush rolls with egg wash.
- Cut each roll into 1 inch slices.
- Place slices on baking pan and brush gently.
- Bake it about 15-20 minutes and serve it hot.
- You can baked it ahead and serve at room temperature.
* Take the package of puff pastry out of the freezer and set aside at room temperature for around 30 minutes. It’s better to keep an eye on it before gets warm and butter melt, better not to be cold but chilly.
* I bought squares pre-cut pastry – you can unfold and cut in to squares.
*Get the recipe idea from simplyhomecooked.com