Healthy Tuna Macaroni Salad with Greek yogurt is our all time favorite comfort salad :D.
It comes together really quick and there’s no exact recipe. You just adding in as much or as little ingredients you like or you have.
The original macaroni salad has special place in our heart, noting can beat that. But this one is so tasty too.
I mostly make this healthy salad for our barbecues, potlucks and summer gathering. It’s so addictive and almost there is no leftover and always more delicious in big batch, believe me.
Also it’s good to make it ahead and keep it cool, after a couple hours the flavors come together … YUM.
Finally if you are fan of healthy salad, please have a look at my healthy Kale salad so refreshing and full of flavor.
- Half package macaroni, cooked
- 2 cups Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 can tuna in water, drained well
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- Paprika,For garnishing
- For sauce:
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- Cook macaroni according to package and rinse with cold water, Drain & set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cooked macaroni, chopped red cabbage, diced onion, diced tomatoes,
- Tuna and Chopped parsley.
- Toss them to combine.
- For sauce: in small bowl add yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice and mix them well.
- Add the sauce to macaroni mixture, combine well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Garnish with paprika and serve it.