Kale Frittata is sooooo yummy and really the perfect weeknight dinner. The good thing about frittata is, you can use almost anything that you have in your fridge. And the main ingredient is just egg. the good thing about this recipe is no need to bake the frittata just cover the pan for 3-4 minutes; the steam will cook it perfectly.
Also do not forget before adding any eggs, let the caramelize onion and kale cool for couple minutes.
Plus I really like to serve it with a simple salad as dinner, but it would also be perfect as appetizer. In addition A colorful and crunchy of pickled red cabbage is great accompaniment to everything specially to kale frittata.
Also have a look at Zucchini Fritters recipe as starter, it’s healthy and light .
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch of kale, stem removed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- In Sautee pans, over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Then add onion, saute 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Then add garlic and let them caramelized for about 5-6 minutes
- Then add chopped kale, saute them for another 5 minutes.
- Add water or chicken broth and salt, cover the pan and let the kale soften.
- Then Turn off the heat and pour the mixture in a large bowl to cool down.
- Meanwhile whisk 4 eggs then add to mixture and combine together.
- In Sautee pans, over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil again.
- Then pour the egg mixture, cover the pan and cook around 7-8 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes then cut and serve.